Electrify NZ Test Ride Terms and Conditions
1. Children under 12 years of age are not permitted to test ride our e-bikes.
2. Test riders under 18 years of age must have this form signed by their parent or legal guardian who accepts all responsibility and liability on behalf of the test rider.
3. NZ Driver's License or other photo ID to be left with electrify.nz for the duration of the test ride.
4. The test rider acknowledges and agrees that they will be the only person who rides the e-bike.
5. Electrify.nz may refuse hire if in our sole opinion the test rider cannot control the e-bike.
6. The test rider plus any carry luggage must not exceed 120kg per e-bike.
7. The test rider accepts liability for damage to or loss of or repair of the e-bike or of other provided equipment.
8. The test rider agrees not to take the e-bike off formed cycle ways and paved roads. If evidence of off-road cycling use is found the test rider may be liable for a cleaning charge of NZ$30.
9. The test rider agrees not to go into water deeper than 7cm, or just above the ground level tyre rim.
10. The test rider agrees not to ride the e-bike in any saltwater or sand whatsoever.
11. The test rider will ensure the e-bike is not left unattended or unsecured at any time.
12. Loss or irreparable damage of the e-bike or of other provided equipment will incur a charge of the current replacement Recommended Retail Price to the test rider.
13. The test rider will return the e-bike at the agreed time.
14. The test rider has been briefed regarding Health & Safety and the functions of the e-bike by our authorised staff.
15. The test rider must comply with all New Zealand traffic laws including but not limited to; Wearing a helmet when riding the e-bike; Riding on the left side of the road or on a cycle-way; Obeying all road signs and traffic signals; having blood alcohol lower than 50mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood.
16. The test rider agrees to notify our staff immediately of any accident, incident, theft or damage. If holding the e-bike overnight, the test rider will ensure it is kept in a safe, secure and dry place.
The test rider acknowledges and agrees that electrify.nz has no control over the operation of the e-bike by the test rider. electrify.nz assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, property damage, third party liability or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of any wrongful, negligent or accidental acts or omissions on the part of the test rider; any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment or instrumentality owned, operated or otherwise used by the test rider; any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under the control, direct or otherwise, of electrify.nz. The test rider indemnifies electrify.nz, its agents and employees from and against any and all liability arising during the test ride period. The test rider acknowledges that they are aware of the risks involved with cycling including but not limited to physical exertion, forces of nature, accidents, travel via any mode of transport, adequacy of medical facilities, or negligence on the part of employees, agents or others of electrify.nz. The test rider agrees to be responsible for their own welfare and accept any and all risk associated with the activities they undertake. The test rider acknowledges and agrees electrify.nz has the right to refuse a test ride for not executing this document or other required documentation correctly.